Saturday, August 29, 2009

Grey's Anatomy..

Ok, i think the title is clear enough, i'm talking about "Grey' Anatomy" series.

Of course I wont tell you the story, most of you -if not all- have been watching it. But i'll be telling you the story of
me with Grey's Anatomy.

The first episodes i started watching - I dont remember which season, most probably 3- were when George O’Malley proposed to Callie, and Burke proposed to Cristina, and that was the start.

What i liked about Grey's Anatomy was how these Drs work hard for the patients, and the different stories that i really used to sympathize with, the complicated combination of emotions that the heroes had, and the nice quotes and lessons learnt that Meredith used to end each episode with.

When the next season started, with that horrible Dr that Callie became friends with, and the stupid strange "interests" they started to have together in addition to her adventures with Sloan.
I started to feel that this is not really good, why am i watching it!!, I'm not learning from the moral situations anymore, i'm not enjoying it. Not only Callie’s stupid part made me hate it, but the rest of the characters' stories were getting boring and i felt that they all had physiological problems that they were not be having if they Only were Muslims!

Before this bad feeling towards "Grey's Anatomy" reached the peek, i was in a lovely gathering with a beautiful group of girls who named them selves "The Green Muslims" and regularly had religious spiritual meetings that i really adore.

This particular gathering was to meet with a convert, "Raya" who was telling us her story with Islam and how great this religion is.
One of the phrases that she said that deeply touched my heart was: "You have to know, that if you want to get close to Allaah,
Allah will test you, and he'll test you hard!".. being close to Allaah is not only a wish...

She also said: "your day is already divided between eating, sleeping, working, praying, watching TV, chatting online, etc.... and you want to add to the day a program to get closer to Allah by reading Quraan, praying more or doing more good deeds, but you do not think of quitting any of the activities in the life style that you are accustomed to. Simply, your day wont be enough, your 24 hours are already consumed by the things you already do.. if you want to add some thing to be closer to Allaah, you have to free some space in your day for that. And freeing space means quitting one or more of the things you are doing.. each of you can have a look right now on how your day is spent, and see and decide which part you will leave or free for Allaah"

Ok, now what!!, is this why whenever i want to be better i always screw up?, because "implicitly" i'm telling Allaah "I have no time for you" -asta3'firu Allaah-.. i decided instantly to quit something i do in my day, to free a space and most importantly to purify my heart...

I thought about my day while she was talking and said to my self: "I'll quit watching Grey's Anatomy".. then i raised my hand, and said it loudly in front of every body, i raised my hand and said: "I'll quit watching Grey's Anatomy".

All this story was to tell you that Al7amdulillaaaah, since i stopped watching it, i had a great and awesome chance to join a Quran class that i didnt plan to, I'm learning Tajweed nowadays.. i can not describe how great this Quraan is, how relieved i feel now.. I love it.

I learnt something from this experience, that you can picture your self as a ring carried on a robe, one end is the Qur2aan and the other is songs and what we call "fann".. the closer you are to Quraan makes you definitely -without any effort- away from songs and other meaningless stuff and vise versa... You feel higher than what all other people are busy with, you think like "how silly" these songs or TV shows are, regardless seeing them Halal or Haram, you just see them useless.

This is something that I've experienced my self and learnt, and i really wish you all to feel how sweet the Quraan is, and how lovely it feels reading it, and how great you are when you are closer, closer and closer.

Free a space (Ramadan is a chance, take it, and stick to it even after Ramadan)

Koll sana wento tayyebeen :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment